To close out this week, I wanted to share a special bachelorette party I threw for my friend Kasey a few weekends back. When chatting with her about what she wanted for her weekend, the three ideas we focused on were ‘relaxing’, ‘classy’, and ‘Napa’. With these themes in mind, I created a wine country/Kate Spade inspired bachelorette party! I’ll take you through how to recreate this look…
- Decorations: all decorations pictured here were made by hand (super easy!) with affordable supplies. Poster boards were used to make banners and wine glass tags and tissue paper was used to make the tassel garlands and spruce up the gift boxes (both found at the Dollar Tree). Shop a pre-made banner here and use this tutorial for the tassels! The chalkboard signs were made using scrap pieces of wood, chalkboard paint, and white pens-all very doable by you!
- Gift boxes: for the bride and the bridesmaids, I used these adorable Kate Spade gift boxes (left over from my china) to hold the goodies: to-go wine glass, sunglasses, hair ties, towel wrap, headband, nail polish and Chopin minis!
- Baked Goods: the treats above were all VERY easy to make. For the sugar cookies I used this recipe and used wedding cookie cutters (frosting recipe can be found here). The Rice Krispies, oreos, and pretzels were simply dipped in ‘Wilton Candy Melts’ and the cake was made with store bought white cake mix and marshmallow fondant. This was my first time making or using fondant, and it is VERY sticky if you don’t use enough powdered sugar! Find the recipe I used here.
- Food: for meals for the weekend, we spent one night out and one night in. Our dinner out was spent at Bistro Don Giovani, an Italian bistro with phenomenal food and rustic atmosphere. For our second night, we had a private chef come to my house and cook for us! She made a vegetable platter, crostini course, lemon-caper pasta, and a pesto salmon. And the most amazing creme brûlée I have ever had ah! If you’d like her information, please message me.
- Activities: our first day started with a lunch at Farmstead, bocce ball in Yountville, and dinner out in Napa. For Saturday festivities, we rented a limo for wine tasting at Conn Creek and Mumm Napa. We had a very special experience at Conn Creek called the ‘Barrel Blending Experience’; you have the opportunity to taste through about 40 barrels from different AVAs throughout the valley and blend your own bottle of wine! Every girl created their very own red wine and bottled it on the spot. More info here. We ended the day with massages at Silverado Resort & Spa…not bad right?!
I was so excited to throw this party and hosting at my home allowed me to make most of the decorations and goodies ahead of time. While store bought decor is beautiful and less time intensive, I feel anything hand made is more unique and thoughtful.
My girl Kasey is getting married on Saturday so send love vibes her way this weekend! If you’d like more info on how to make anything seen here or recommendations on outings in Napa , feel free to message me! I’d love to help.